Jay Leno was forced to cancel a recent appearance due to a "serious medical emergency," according to a report from People. The former Tonight Show host had been scheduled to perform at a financial conference in Las Vegas over the weekend but wasn't able to attend due to a health issue per an email to Forum. 2022 attendees from The Financial Brand.
"His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling," the email obtained by People read. "All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight."
Soon after the initial report, TMZ confirmed that Leno is currently in a burn center after suffering a serious injury to his face. Jay was in his garage in Los Angeles where he stores his cars when one of them unexpectedly burst into flames.
Sources told TMZ the flames burned the left side of Jay's face but did not penetrate his eye or his ear. He was taken to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Center where he currently remains. Due to the accident, Jay has been forced to cancel all of his engagements for the rest of the week.
Leno spoke out after the scary accident that left him with serious facial burns. “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire,” he told Variety on Monday, November 14th. "I am OK. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”